linkSpheric automates reciprocal link exchange and web directory building.
Add your listings yourself or have people log in and list themselves. Non-technical people can install this software on any PHP-MySQL enabled POSIX (as in Linux, Unix or Unix-like) server and build a successful web directory without special training.
All of your content and links live on your server in your database. You have total control. Require people to link back to you or edit your listings yourself. You can set the software to email people with a reminder that you require reciprocal links, or it can "suspend" their listing. Whichever you want.
- User listings contain much more detailed content than other web directory systems.
- Search engines crawl linkSpheric easily.
- Google sees and ranks linkSpheric content as just that: content. Not as a link-farm.
- Detailed user listing contact information allows offline listers to participate in your directory.
- Works on more ISPs and shared hosts like GoDaddy and DotEasy.
- XML/XHTML compliance affords accessibility for PDAs and hand-held, internet-capable devices.
- Possibly the world's first and only standards-compliant, accessible web directory which is commercially available.
- Has passed blind user acceptance testing.
- Full stylesheet control allows easy design customization.
- PHP-MySQL is easily extended by developers.