It provides all the tools needed to develop web-apps that can run on CGI, FastCGI and on the mod_ruby.
Rails gives the developer a pure-Ruby development environment.
Ruby on Rails was developed by David Heinemeier Hansson from his work on Basecamp.
To install, use RubyGems.
Here are some key features of "Ruby on Rails":
· OOP and MVC code
· Template engine
· Controller framework
· Object-relational mapping (ORM) package
· Config-based system
· Extendable via modules
· Lots of documentation
· Very big community
· Ruby 1.8.7 / 1.9.2 or higher
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Symbol DoS vulnerability in Active Record
· XSS vulnerability in sanitize_css in Action Pack
· XML Parsing Vulnerability affecting JRuby users
· XSS Vulnerability in the sanitize helper of Ruby on Rails