The plugin goes over an RSS feed, pulls out all the desired content and appends it to an HTML list's elements.
PaRSS uses the Google Feed API to parse the feed into JSON data, which it then uses to build the LI elements which are added to the page.
Documentation on how to use and setup the plugin can be found in the project's README file.
Here are some key features of "PaRSS":
· Feed URL - the web address of the feed you wish to pull items from
· Number of items to pull - if not supplied this defaults to 4
· Date Format - the PHP date format to use for the item dates. If not supplied, no dates are displayed
· Description Type - if omitted or set to false, no descriptions are shown. If set to true, a snippet of the content is shown. If set to "image", the first image is pulled from the item content, and a snippet of the content is shown. If set to "content", the full content of the RSS item is displayed
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Added an optional callback function, useful for manipulating list item elements after they are appended to the DOM.