It is based on our Ajax/DHTML control dhtmlxGrid and combines editable grid and tree view.
The possibility to dynamically expand/collapse table rows assigned to the corresponding tree items makes this treegrid control a perfect solution for displaying tables with unlimited number of rows. To handle large amount of data efficiently, dhtmlxTreeGrid also provides such features as Smart XML Parsing (renders grid rows dynamically on node opening) and Smart Rendering (renders only rows situated in the visible area; available since v.1.6.).
As an extension of dhtmlxGrid the treegrid deploys all its functionality including client-side data editing and sorting, columns resizing and different cell types.
The control provides advanced drag-n-drop capabilities (both drop-between and drop-inside are supported) and the ability to work in a split mode (frozen columns). Furthermore, starting from version 1.6 dhtmlxTreeGrid provides long-expected paging support. Built-in filtering capabilities as well as automatically calculated values for footer/header are now available in treegrid mode.
Here are some key features of "dhtmlxTreeGrid":
· Smart XML Parsing to increase performance
· Dynamical loading of levels
· Drag-n-drop as child/sibling
· Split mode support
· Vertical mathematical summation
· Tree specific script API
· Tree specific sorting
· Tree specific rows coloring
· Tree specific Smart Rendering
· Tree specific Paging
Common Features for Grid and TreeGrid:
· Integration with HTML Form
· Easy styling with CSS or predefined skins
· Serialization to XML/SCV
· Loading from XML
· Working with clipboard
· Easy client-to-server comunication
· Resizable/movable columns
· Drag-and-drop rows/columns within grid
· Drag-and-drop in/from dhtmlxTree Pro
· Ability to create any editor or cell formating (using eXcell - eXtended cell object)
· Combobox, calendar, and more predefined eXcells
· Math Formulas for cells/Autocalculated values
· Invisible data blocks for rows/entire grid (userdata)
· Client-side sorting (string, integer, date, custom)
· Server-side sorting ready
· Wide range of event handlers
· Detailed documentation