Piwigo was previously known as PhpWebGallery (PWG) and is open source software.
Download the full archive and unzip it.
Transfer the archive content on your web server with any FTP client.
Once all files are transfered, go to the web address with a web browser. Piwigo will detect nothing is installed yet and redirect to the installation page.
Configure your MySQL database settings and the webmaster account to administer your gallery.
You will be informed about success or failure of the installation process.
Once installation finished, you can go into your gallery, log in with the webmaster account and access the administration panel.
Here are some key features of "Piwigo":
· Easy photo uploader
· Organize photos in albums
· Easy content tagging
· Easy installer
· Restrict access to photos
· Date-driven archive
· Admin panel
· Rate content
· Automatic slideshow mode
· EXIF/IPTC metadata
· SEO friendly URLs
· Spam filters
· MySQL 5 or higher
· PHP 5 or higher
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Empty tag_ids input parameter produces errors
· Support for MySQL sockets and port number
· Unexpected flat parameter in home link on picture page breadcrumb
· open_basedir restriction and new password generator
· Comments accessible anonymously if comments author is known
· Invalid password on manual upgrade
· Can't create new template-extension
· Undefined constant tags-assumed "tags"