Lightbox Image Viewer 2.0 expands upon Lightbox Image Viewer with a few new features.
While the original version is great for viewing images individually on the page, Lightbox 2.0 supports a new "grouping" feature that lets you group related images on the page for easy browsing amongst them.
The transitional effect for bringing up an image also differs from the original. And like before, this script supports optional caption display, plus incremental preloading of the next image when images are grouped.
It can handle image captions, keyboard commands and different file types.
The older version 2.05 uses Prototype.
The newer 2.5 version uses jQuery.
Here are some key features of "Lightbox":
· Object and embed elements hidden on Lightbox activation, prevents Flash movies and other media from appearing through Lightbox image
· Extended keyboard support (arrow keys, Esc key)
· Imagemap support
· Valid CSS
· clicking anywhere in 'shadow' closes Lightbox
· RemoveDuplicates function works with incontiguous items
· Clean code
· JavaSript enabled on client side
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· IE Fix: removed stray console.log statements.