The gallery doesn't need a database to run from.
Just place the images inside the home directory and that's it.
To create more categories or galleries, just create a new folder on the same level as the home folder and place photos inside it.
Here are some key features of "minimal Gallery":
· No database setup
· Highly customizable + templates
· List/Thumbnail/File view
· Style switcher
· Displays EXIF/IPTC info
· XHTML/CSS Standards compliant
· PHP 4.3.11 or higher
· Apache web server 1.3.33 or higher
· GD Library
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Completely rewritten file parsing code: no more bug where some files weren't displayed.
· By popular request: thumbnails.
· Multiple filtering/arranging options available in the new list view.
· 3 different views of your files: list, thumbnails, and file.
· Display of IPTC information.
· New templates.
· Some documentation.