This control can be used in Windows programming environments that support ActiveX, such as Visual Basic or Delphi.
It can read and write a variety of file formats allowing for conversions to be made between them. Functions allow images to be manipulated, enhanced and edited. For a full listing of properties and methods read the online manual.
As well as displaying the image inside the control, there are functions to save the image to file or copy the image to the Windows clipboard.
The image can be exported in a binary format (a variant array), which can be used to place the image into a database field or stream the image to a web browser if used in a server-side application. An edited image can be posted to a web server as an HTTP upload.
- Add image functionality to your own applications.
- Support for BMP, GIF, JPG, PNG, PSD, PCX, TIFF and WBMP image formats. Can export to PDF.
- Import images from disk, binary data, clipboard, scanner or remote URL.
- Image manipulation functions include resize, scale, crop, rotate and flip.
- Image enhancement functions include brightness, contrast, sharpen, blur and greyscale.
- Create compound images and watermarks by merging images.
- Place text onto the image using any installed font with optional antialiasing. Support for Unicode characters.
- Perform simple image editing drawing lines and shapes with optional colour fills.
- Read and edit IPTC text (meta data) in JPEG and TIFF images.
- Read and edit Exif attributes from JPEG and TIFF files.
- Images can be exported to a remote server as an HTTP upload.
- Zoom and print functions and mouse events included.