If the user resizes the browser window, the image automatically resizes to fit the new container.
More documentation in the project's README file.
Here are some key features of "Backstretch":
· centeredX - The ratio of the width/height of the image doesn’t always jive with the width/height of the window.
· centeredY - This parameter controls whether or not we center the image on the Y axis to account for the aforementioned discrepancy.
· speed - This is the speed at which the image will fade in, after downloading is complete.
· jQuery 1.42 or higher
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Now accepts an array of images to create a slideshow.
· Can attach Backstretch to any block-level element, not just the body.
· Deprecated "speed" option in favor of "fade" for fadeIn timing.
· Added "duration" option, and Slideshow API.