Aurigma Graphics Mill for .NET is an image processing component developed for .NET platform.
This component is indispensable to create applications that work with images.
Whenever you create a photohosting website, an application which applies preprint preparation to images, a script which generates web graphics, or whatever else imaging application, Graphics Mill for .NET will help you in it.
Graphics Mill for .NET consists of three parts:
- Core class library - a set of classes (non-visual) that provide imaging operations: loading/saving images from/to files, applying different transforms and effects, converting pixels between different color spaces, drawing lines, curves, shapes and text, etc.
- Windows Forms controls - a set of Windows controls which leverage using Graphics Mill for .NET in desktop Windows applications. These controls enable you to display an image, zoom it, pan, select a portion of an image, as well as print it.
- Web Forms controls - a set of unique web controls that provides to user great GUI for image displaying and editing. Using these controls you can easily build web photo editors and build other kind of imaging web applications.
Graphics Mill for .NET implements a different approach. Written in the MC (Managed C ), it mixes managed and unmanaged C code in a single assembly.
It means no .NET-foreign DLLmbly.
You can deploy your applications with a simple xcopy and never have versioning problems. Also, since unmanaged code can be called inside the managed one without any platform interoperability, it has higher performance.
Another great feature of the unmanaged code in Graphics Mill for .NET is the possibility to use Assembler. Most speed-critical portions of code are written in Assembler with MMX optimization.
It enables Graphics Mill for .NET to be much faster than other imaging toolkits which do not use such kind of optimization.
Aurigma Graphics Mill for .NET is an ideal component for creating different kinds of photo imaging applications. The essential features for this kind of applications are highlighted below.
- Multiple File Formats
- Fast Thumbnail Extraction
- Many Image Editing Algorithms (Effects and Corrections)
- Lossless JPEG Transformations Support
- Color Management
- Extended Pixel Formats (16 bits per channel)
- Composite Print
- Powerful Web Controls
- Powerful Windows Controls
If your application needs to provide printing and pre-print processing operations, Graphics Mill for .NET is a perfect solution. Below you will find highlighted benefits for this kind of applications.
- CMYK Images Support
- Advanced Color Management
- Industry Standard File Formats
- Composite Print
- Templates for Personalized Graphics