The script allows for users to input text in form fields using their native alphabet, without him to switch his keyboard layout.
It can be integrated into text fields, password inputs and textareas.
After including the appropiate JS file, just add:
<!-- WebKBD switcher start -->
<a class="webkbd-switcher" style="font-family: arial,helvetica,clean,sans-serif; font-weight: bold; cursor: pointer; padding: 2px 8px; border: 1px solid black; text-decoration: none;" href="yourPage" onclick="return webkbd.switcherClicked(event);">WebKBD</a>
<!-- WebKBD switcher end -->
Here are some key features of "WebKBD":
- General Features:
- Browsers supported: IE, Firefox/Mozilla, Opera, Chrome, Safari
- Switching using Shift+WinKey: IE, Firefox/Mozilla, Chrome, Safari
- Web standards compliance
- Code tidyness
- (pollutes the global namespace)
- Optimized cyrillic layouts (phonetic and BDS): Yes ('ѝ' instead of 'Ь')
- Size (uncompressed): 6,5 KB
- Size (GZIP-compressed): 3,3 KB
- Bulgarian Phonetic (BP) and BDS (BG)
- French (FR)
- Greek (EL)
- Russian Phonetic (RP) and Standard (RU)
- Spanish (ES)
- Ukrainian Phonetic (UP) and Standard (UK)
- Added compatibility with some iframe-based WYSIWYG editors.
- Added ability to put more than one switcher on a page.