This jQuery plugin is very small, having only 10kb in size.
This editor is compatible with major browsers (IE6, Firefox 2, Opera 9, Safari 3.03) and degrade gracefully in a textarea for others.
· jQuery 1.2.6 or higher
· This plugin has no built in toolbar, but the example provided in the download package has one included.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Removed any 'console.log' (firebug debuggin feature), that works only with enabled Firebug.
· Initializations improvement, now rte functions returns array with RTE. Also you can use same array few times.
· CSS improvement.
· IE7 permission/denied bug fixed (need to hard test).
· Automatic width/height at initializaing added.
· Added resizer object/events.
· Added try/catch at critical sections.
· Improved 'toolbar_click' function. Now it provides 'select' object and other args for 'exec' callback.
· Improved controls, now you can provide 'init' callback, that will be called at toolbar creating time.
· Controls 'arg_cmp' callback renamed to 'tag_cmp'.
· Controls now supports additional 'args' that can be using at user's 'exec' callback.
· Default toolbar: added styles selection. If you use several styles for RTE, then last will be used for styles selection.