Tested and working with Internet Explorer 5.5+, Firefox 1.5+, Safari 3.0+, Opera 9.5+, Netscape 7.1+ and Camino 1.0+.
It was previously known as FCKeditor.
Download the latest version of the editor.
Extract (decompress) the file to a directory called "fckeditor" in the root of your web site.
Point your browser to the //_samples/default.html to run the test sample.
Here are some key features of "CKeditor":
· Font formatting options
· Cut, Paste, and Paste commands
· Undo and Redo options
· Paste from Word auto detection
· Links formatting
· Image insertion options
· Upload and server browsing support
· Table creation and editing
· Right click context menus
· Toolbar customization
· Plugins to extend functionality
· Spellchecking tool
· Fast loading
· Developer's API
· Cross-browser tested
· Standards compliant output
· Pure HTML editing view
· Inline editing mode
· Extendable via add-ons
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Closing lists with Enter key does not work with Advanced Content Filter in several cases.
· Fixed allowed content rules unification, so the filter.allowedContent property always contains rules in the same format.
· Advanced Content Filter does not remove non-empty <a> elements anymore.
· Minor issues in plugin integration with Advanced Content Filter.