Using the great libraries Prototype 1.6, Script.Aculo.Us 1.8 and TinyMCE 3.0, IPRE provide a really easy way to implement an in place AJAX-powered editor using WYSIWYG.
The script has been tested on Firefox 2, Firefox 3, Internet Explorer 6, Internet Explorer 7, Safari 3 and Opera.
Here are some key features of "AJAX In Place Rich Editor":
· Multiple init (simple and advanced theme on same page)
· Rails 2.0 support
· Using "Save" plugin instead of default links
· Fix editor size to element dimensions
· Prototype 1.6.x
· Script.Aculo.Us 1.8.x
· TinyMCE 3.2.x
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Update: Using TinyMCE 3.2
· Fix: unescapingHTML as scriptaculous 1.8.2 now does it by default in InPlaceEditor