The database tables can be configured and the messages can be backed as often as required.
Using your FTP software (i.e. Filezilla), send the whole agb folder (rename it if you wish, i.e. "guestbook") to the server hosting your website.
Installation is automatic, you'll just have to enter some informations and follow instructions : open you Internet navigator (Internet Explorer, Firefox...) and go to the "setup.php" page in the main folder (i.e. : http://www.my_site.com/agb/setup.php).
The administration part is in the folder "admin" of the script, url like: http://www.my_site.com/agb/admin/
The publicly visible guestbook is at the root of the script, url like: http://www.my_site.com/agb/
Here are some key features of "@lex Guestbook":
· Messages' backup as often as you wish.
· Automatic install, tables names can be chosen.
Publicly visible part :
· Easily customizable graphic interface thanks to a skin system (all valid XHTML 1.0 Transitional*) and to numerous viewing options.
· Viewable in different languages (around 20 languages available, see below).
· Flags are shown for the visitors' countries.
· Smileys integration, possibility to change them, add, remove...
· Words that are too long are cut and it's possible to limit the length of the posts (a counter shows the remaining "allowance").
· Internal search engine.
· Possibility to allow visitors to give a /10 score to the site, the average is posted.
· Possibility to post "in one click" a link "Back to the homepage" and/or a link to the "Guestbook administration".*
Messages follow-up :
· Possibility to send a "thank you" E-mail to the visitors (customizable for each language).
· Possibility for the webmaster to answer to each message (the answer is posted under the concerned message).
Administration interface :
· Private administration interface with possibility to add several administrators and to set the rights for each of them.
· Database management from the admin section : optimizing, saving, restoring.
· Possibility to specify a time difference between the server (i.e. in the US) and the website (i.e. French website).*
· Fields can now easily be set as : proposed or not, private (the public will not see the content of the field) or required.*
· Validation of multiple messages on one page (if the webmaster has chosen to queue the messages sent).*
SPAM fighting :
· Added security against robot guestbook spammers with an optionnal "captcha", asking visitors to copy a visual code before posting.
· Censored words management (upon the webmaster's choice, either these words are replaced by a chosen text, either* the message is refused).
· Possibility to hide the messages until the Webmaster has approved them.
· Possibility to banish nicknames*, E-mail addresses* and IP addresses.
· Possibility to refuse messages containing URL and, if they are allowed, possibility to render them clickable or not*.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Bug corrected : when showing the guestbook in another language than the one chosen by the administrator, the countries' names were not translated.
· Bug corrected : Under some circumstances, parenthesis around the city/country field were not handled correctly.
· Bug corrected : if the "Give a score" field was mandatory, the visitor couldn't select "zero".
· Bug when using some special caracters in a word to be censored corrected.
· The link to the guestbook in the notification E-mails is now correct if the guestbook is included.
· Styles still in the html files of the double_NewLook skin now correctly moved to the CSS
· Othe bug with the double_NewLook skin corrected : some pictures were not displayed and some links weren't working when using includes.
· Removal of some useless spaces at the beginning/end of lines in skin files. When using UTF-8 encoding, these spaces were replaced and shown as special caracters.
· We added a style suppressing the margins on the BODY tag. This avoids to see white margins around the guestbook when users insert it in a frame or iframe.
· Taiwan's flag now the correct one.
· Turkish and Persian languages added.