Circus Linux! is a clone of the Atari 2600 game "Circus Atari," produced by Atari, Inc. (which is itself a clone of an earlier arcade game named, simply "Circus").
The object is to move a teeter-totter back and forth across the screen to bounce clowns up into the air. When they reach the top, they pop rows of balloons and then fall back down. (The gameplay is similar to the classics "Breakout" and "Arkanoid.")
- One- and two-players
- Two-player cooperative
- Barriers mode
- Bouncy balloons mode
- Clear-all mode
- Colorful, cartoon-like images
- Animated objects and background
- Nearly 70 objects on screen at once
- Fullscreen mode
- Random circus acts in the background
- Upbeat circus-style music
- Many cartoonish sound effects
- Sound and music volume controls
- Real Atari 2600 Paddle controllers!