The plugin is very configurable.
Here are some key features of "jQuery Expandable":
· duration - The speed of the animation when expanding (or shrinking). Default is 'normal'.
· interval - The interval at which it checks the textarea. Default is 750.
· within - The number of rows left before expanding. Default is 1.
· by - The number of rows to expand by. Default is 2.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Added update event that can be triggered to force a recheck of the text area.
· Prevents re-running the plugin multiple times for one textarea.