A standard text will be displayed by default in those fields.
This plugin was one of the pioneers that helped develop the proper HTML5 placeholder attribute behavior.
Works practically the same.
Since HTML 5 is adopted more and more, this plugin can now be used as a fallback for the placeholder attribute.
· jQuery 1.2.3 or higher
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Broadened support for HTML5 input types and allow for future new element support by specifying what input types are NOT allowed, rather than setting a fixed group of elements that ARE allowed.
· Updated the selector extensions to meet needs of new Sizzle engine included in jQuery 1.8. The :data extension is copied from latest jQuery UI code.
· Added custom jQuery selector -- ":watermarkable" -- that includes elements that can be watermarked, including textareas and most input elements that accept text input.
· Improved the plugin's custom .val() override function to ensure better compatibility in edge cases.
· Updated Demo page to programmatically use the plugin's enhanced .val() function to show that setting/getting non-watermarked inputs works fine, in addition to setting/getting watermarked inputs.