Works by showing a drop-down with input alternatives whenever a trigger character is typed.
By default the character is the Twitter sign for mentions '@'.
That can be changed.
A demo is included with the download package.
Here are some key features of "At.js":
· Can listen to any character - not just '@', and set up multiple listeners for different characters with different behavior and data.
· Supports static data and dynamic data(via AJAX) at the same time - static data will be searched first, and then use AJAX to fetch non-existing values.
· Listener events can be bound to multiple textareas
· Format returned data using templates
· Keyboard controls in addition to mouse - Tab or Enter keys select the value, Up and Down navigate between values
· jQuery 1.7 or higher
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Customer data handlers(matcher, filter, sorter) and template renders(highlight, template eval) by a group of configurable callbacks.
· Support AMD.