webpad is a web-based text editor which gives you access to files from any of the following locations:
- Your own computer (via file upload)
- The server that webpad is installed on (via direct file manipulation)
- Any FTP server (via FTP file operations)
- Any website (via remote file requests)
- Popular blogging tools (Blogger.com, MovableType, TypePad, LiveJournal, blosxom, WordPress)
- Other data sources via a flexible plugin system
It features a simple interface and includes a collection of powerful HTML tools for working with web pages. webpad is written entirely in PHP (HTML, CSS and JS).
- Simple Installation: just drop webpad into a directory and request it through a browser. It will tell you if anything is wrong, or prompt you to start configuring your settings if everything looks ok.
- Comprehensive User Manual: accessible directly from the toolbar at all times.
- Browser Compatibility: webpad now works in Firefox (PC and Mac), Camino (Mac) and Internet Explorer 6 (PC)
- Powerful Settings Interface: control all features in webpad through the simple yet powerful Settings interface.
- Powerful Plugins: Write your own plugin to access data from almost anywhere web accessible.
- Harness the power of PHP and you can access data tucked away in a database, via email, in a Wiki: the sky's the limit.
- File Management Tools: when accessing files, you can also create directories plus delete and rename files. webpad might be just about all you need to manage your website!
- Keyboard Shortcuts: most common features and tools are accessible through keyboard shortcuts
- Upload Files: webpad allows you to upload any files (like an image, PDF, Word Document etc) to your server and save it within your home directory.
- Email Files: you can send any file as an email. webpad even automatically detects HTML-formatted messages and sends them properly.
- Print: print your documents to get a look at them on paper. Use webpad's Print tool to avoid the normal problems with printing from the web.
- Go-to Line: an ever-useful programming tool, webpad includes the ability to jump directly to any line in your file. Just click the 'Goto Line' tool, enter a line number and jump straight there.
- Find/Find Next: cycle through all occurrences of a string in your document to find just what you're looking for.
- Find and Replace: locate all occurrences of a string in your document and replace them with something else