Nexus allows users and organizations to set up a file sharing system for project development, management and deployment.
Here are some key features of "Nexus":
· Document Storage - Add, Modify, Delete and Organize files in a web-based application that manages information in robust, powerful and fast MySQL database.
· Document History - All activity by all users is tracked along with source IP address, client browser and other information to give administrators a clear picture of how the application is being used
· File Access Control - Advanced permissions organized by Organization and Group provide administrators with a way to control access to files on a per-file basis.
· Reports - Administrators can get a consise report of how the application is being used based on a date range.
· Filetype Awareness - Certain file types are recognized by Nexus allowing for custom file display. For example, images thumbnails are displayed instead of generic file icons whenever a recognized image file is encountered.
· Mass File Management - During the setup stages, adding a lot of files can be daunting. With Nexus, you can add multiple files simultaneously using the mass upload control simply by dragging from your desktop onto the widget.
· PHP 5.2 or higher
· MySQL 4 or higher
· Apache or IIS server
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Give more error details when a database connection failure occurs durin
· g installation. Installer reports the exact message mysql outputs when a problem occurs during initial connection.
· PHP error in group object being logged frequently causing huge log files over time. PHP error logging is now optional and turned off by default. Also, one of the errors that was being logged frequently was removed.
· Allow disabling of php error logging. Off by default now but can be turned on by setting IW_LOG_PHP_ERRORS to true in share.config.php.
· PHP error when clicking forgot password link. The email address would not be remembered if the initial form submit failed for some reason.
· Confusing behaviour when no category specified during document add. When a doc add fails for some reason, the form is now redisplayed in the way that it was just before submission so you don't have to reupload the file or reenter any data.
· When group administrator adds a document, the wrong permissions are attributed to the new document. It used to be that group administrators could add a document that would give permissions for any domain to see.
· PHP errors occur (with IW_DEBUG set to true) when trying to delete an organization still has users in it. There was no ill-effects caused by this problem but it was a nuisance for those with IW_DEBUG enabled.
· When group mail is not sent the user sees only a blank screen. Even when group mail was sent you'd get a blank screen except for the notification message.
· Briefcase items not sent via email. Typing in the email and pressing the Email button failed completely whether or not email was setup correctly.
· Editing permissions on multiple documents in the briefcase has no effect. No change was made at all to document permissions so this wouldn't have caused a security issue.
· Deleting a group changes the permissions already set for other, still existing, groups. This would also have affected documents with permissions assigned for that group.