The Five Star Private Messaging System allows users on a website to send private emails to each other without exchanging email addresses.
Here's a list of the main features of this robust script:
- Inbox and Sentbox messages are sortable by Date, Subject and Sender.
- Option to save sent messages to the Sentbox when sending or replying to a message.
- User Preferences can be set
1. User can choose to receive email notification of new messages
2. User can choose to allow others to send them messages and to appear hidden in the user list
- Configuration setting to limit the number of messages a user can store in the Inbox and Sentbox. If the user reaches the limit they are notified and can not send any messages until they clear some space by deleting from the inbox or sentbox.
- AJAX pagination system results in extremely fast loading times when advancing to the next or previous page
- Inbox shows which messages have been read and which have not.
- Bad word filter! Administrator can choose which "bad" words are replaced with "good" words.
- The "Send Message" button automatically times out for 10 seconds (can be changed) to help prevent "flooding".
- Spell checker with the ability to save words to a custom list.
- Adminsitrator can set a limit on the number of characters that can be sent in a message.
- The number of characters are counted down from the limit and displayed as the user types a message.
- User can upload a photo as part of their profile. Photo shows alongside their username. Moving the mouse over the photo automatically shows a larger version of the photo with the username appended to the bottom...no click required.
- Username links up to the user profile.
- Can be integrated into any website or user system!