ViewVC renders an HTML interface for browsing and exploring source code repositories.
Here are some key features of "ViewVC":
· Support for filesystem-accessible CVS and Subversion repositories.
· Support for path-based authorization, including parsing and honoring Subversion authz configuration files.
· RSS feed generation for tracking changes to repositories or individual items within repositories.
· Individually configurable virtual host support.
· Line-based annotation/blame display.
· Revision graph capabilities (via integration with CvsGraph) (CVS only).
· Syntax highlighting support.
· Bonsai-like repository query facilities.
· Template-driven output generation.
· Colorized, side-by-side differences.
· Tarball generation (by tag/branch for CVS, by revision for Subversion).
· Localization support based on the Accept-Language request header.
· Ability to run either as CGI script or as a standalone server.
· Regexp-based file searching.
· INI-like configuration file (as opposed to requiring actual code tweaks).
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Fixed tab-to-space handling regression in markup view.
· Fixed regression in root look-up handling.