It is more of a delivery platform than actual CMS, helping developers build their own content delivery servers.
This application is perfect for anyone who regularly creates their content ahead of time but has to manually rotate the content on a daily, weekly or other scheduled basis.
A good example of this is an artist, videographer, blogger, or company with weekly flyers.
The ContentCaster web application aims to provide content management and broadcasting services similar to the giant media content hosts, but at a much smaller scale.
Here are some key features of "ContentCaster":
· Flexible API for content delivery
· Support for most popular file formats (over 500)
· XHTML and CSS Valid! NEW
· Preview of image (png, jpg, gif, etc.) files
· Preview of video (flv) and audio (mp3) files
· Admin defined options for image, video, email, encryption, etc.
· Basic logging and reporting of content views
· Schedule content by day or by hour
· Support for multiple members via an admin invite
· Secure login and personally identifiable information encryption
· Member change and recover password capability
· Multiple content per category
· Multiple categories per user
· Default content scheduling by the hour! NEW
· ColdFusion MX 6.1 or higher
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Modified email subjects to remove <cfoutput> tags.
· Added firstRow and secRow font color variables for content/member/category lists.
· Modified textTable style to add left and right padding.
· Revamped table formatting (width).
· Ran through XHTML parser and fixed 95% (still missing alt attributes).
· Made other minor modifications to comments and code structure.