Built for PostgreSQL and with a touch of the Zend Framework and jQuery UI, the platform is very flexible, coming with a bare bones theme on which to build more complex websites.
Multisite design allows to run multiple website and share one Onxshop installation.
Here are some key features of "Onxshop":
· Flexible layout modules supporting nesting based on Fibonacci sequence
· Complete HTML/CSS framework which allows to use the same HTML and core CSS for multiple websites with different branding
· Simplified MVC paradigm
· Flexible routing system when each component can be called on it's own (useful for AJAX)
· Option to rewrite each template, model or controller specifically for a project
· All common components are built directly by the core team, which means that 99% of projects don't need to install external components - eliminates problems with incompatible components (extensions/modules/plugins)
· Behavioral targeting support in core system and many components
· All in one system - content management system, blog, product catalog, checkout process.
· One full-text search for CMS, eCommerce and blog.
· Onxshop is only optimized for the Debian GNU/Linux operating system, but should work on similar frames as well.