Apache Commons Math 3.3
A lightweight, self-contained mathematics and statistics component for Java
It addresses the most common problems not available in the Java programming language or Commons Lang, regarding mathematical operations and operators.
- Real-world application use cases determine development priority.
- This package emphasizes small, easily integrated components rather than large libraries with complex dependencies and configurations.
- All algorithms are fully documented and follow generally accepted best practices.
- In situations where multiple standard algorithms exist, a Strategy pattern is used to support multiple implementations.
- Limited dependencies. No external dependencies beyond Commons components and the core Java platform (at least Java 1.3 up to version 1.2 of the library, at least Java 5 starting with version 2.0 of the library).
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in version 3.1
- All contents of package "o.a.c.m.optimization" refactored into new packages "o.a.c.m.optimization" and "o.a.c.m.fitting".
- DBSCAN clustering algorithm (in package "o.a.c.m.stat.clustering").
- Added element-by-element addition, subtraction, multiplication and division (in class "o.a.c.m.util.MathArrays").
- New constructor in the custom checker classes (package "o.a.c.m.optimization") for passing the number of iterations after which the "convergence test" will return true. This allows an algorithm to return the best solution found (after the user-defined number of iterations) even if it does not meet the other convergence criteria.