Commons Email aims to provide a API for sending email.
It aims to simplify the the Java Mail API, on which is built upon.
Here are some key features of "Apache Commons Email":
- SimpleEmail - This class is used to send basic text based emails.
- MultiPartEmail - This class is used to send multipart messages. This allows a text message with attachments either inline or attached.
- HtmlEmail - This class is used to send HTML formatted emails. It has all of the capabilities as MultiPartEmail allowing attachments to be easily added. It also supports embedded images.
- EmailAttachment - This is a simple container class to allow for easy handling of attachments. It is for use with instances of MultiPartEmail and HtmlEmail.
- Added new methods addTo(String), addCc(String) and addBcc(String) to Email.
- HtmlmageEmail should support class path resources.
- Added a MultiPartEmail.attach(File) method since attaching a file is a simple and common.
- Added MimeMessageParser and MimeMessageUtils.