miniBB ( = mini bulletin board) can be used to build an online community on.
Here are some key features of "miniBB":
· Complete working with PHP's register_globals set to OFF or ON.
· Complete working with PHP's error_reporting set to ANY level (we're trying to develop our software's output as extra clear, even without Notices).
· Color skins, language packs, easy and universal "hand-made" HTML-templates, detailed and complete CSS stylesheet - all of the above allows you to quickly and easily change the look of your miniBB.
· Can be included from your own PHP script.
· Can be united with your previous users database.
· Ability to built-in miniBB into your own site, using your own PHP's header and footer.
· Ability to use Apache's mod_rewrite URL handling for better compatibility with search engines like Google.
· Interface language customization by users.
· Easy and customizable search function, with options to search by username, post text and/or topic title within a selected forum only or through all forums.
· Customizable date (PHP-like) format.
· Basic BB codes (HTML replacements), which allow you to make your posts really good-looking. There is also an ability to turn on/off BBCode in posts.
· Both anonymous and registered users can post messages in any forum by default, or you can make all forums only for registered users, changing one option. Registered users also can edit their messages.
· Private, archive (read-only), post-only and registered-users-only forums.
· Registered users can be notified via email, when their post or topic is replied, even if they are not authors of the topic. They can also unsubscribe anytime.
· Special rankings and titles for registered users.
· Moderators feature.
· Advanced statistics for users and forums.
· Powerful encrypted cookie or, optionally, session-logging and update system for every user.
· Poster IP tracking, which can be accessed by administrator or moderator.
· "Sticky" topics.
· Expiration of message editing.
· Switchable simple one-step and two-step email-registration.
· Banning users by their IPs or IDs, optionally deactivating users.
· Setting time difference, if server's time zone is different from yours.
· Basic spam protection.
· Powerful admin panel and tools.
· Ability to protect all forums by a single password.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· The major additions to this release include the direct unsubscribing link in topic subscription emails.