bf.forums provides a way to have an organized, recorded, discussion about a particular topic. And now with features like email notification, and documnet association (with bf.documents) forums have become a very efficient way to collaborate.
- Threaded discussions
- View threads in tree structure.
- Automatically converts URLs to HTML links.
- Embed links and other HTML.
- Example implementation that includes forum administration controls.
- Integrate (publish) forums with other websites.
- Paging ability with customizable page size.
- Customized colors and font faces.
- Convenience methods for creating new, and updating forum properties and messages.
- Access to support website and support resources.
- Email support
- Works with SQL Server, MS Access, or any other ODBC data source.
- Multiple data sources
- Forum permissions (administer, group, public) granted per authenticated user.
- Web based administrator console to administer forums.
- Email notifications (i.e. receive email notification if/when someone replies to your message).
- Directly print forum posts
- Advanced, indexed, full-text search
- Attach documents.
- Associate forum(s) with a document or group
· OS: Windows NT, 2000, 2000 Server, XP Pro, or Server 2003
· Support S/W: Internet Information Server (IIS), SQL Server (optional, but recommended)
· Processor: Pentium 600MHz
· RAM: 128MB
· Disk Space: 25MB