Vanilla is a powerful community publishing platform, and it comes with a great set of features designed to make the experience and the community experience easy and as pleasant and appealing as possible.
It comes with many forum-type of features, allowing rapid installing and setting up.
Here are some key features of "Vanilla Forum":
· Forum can be embedded into any page
· Vanilla API
· Social connect
· Vanilla mobile theme
· Banner management
· File upload
· Import Tool
· Many default plugins
· Profile pages
· Private messaging
· User notifications
· Role management
· PHP 5.2 or higher
· MySQL 5 or higher
· pdo_mysql module enabled
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Check for FilterForm() before calling it.
· Disable the ability to call functions in escaped sql strings.
· Switch update checks to json to prevent object injection hacks.
· Make sure the admin password is hashed when inserting the admin user on an already installed Vanilla.
· Fixed Facebook plugin for the 5 Dec 2012 Facebook update.
· Added class attributes for all the menu item elements.
· Ignore eclipse project files.
· Added the cache-control logic from the 2.1 branch.
· Added the proper username parameter to profile/edit.
· Filter activity, discussion, and comment forms.
· Added Gdn_Model->FilterForm() to help prevent user from posting unauthorized database values.
· Fixed security hole where on profile/picture and profile/preferences. Allow moderators to change users' pictures from the profile page.
· Added Joomla password hashing.