A Board is the most popular communication instrument for homepages. It binds your visitors to your page and it is a need for every modern homepage nowadays.
On the one hand Boardsolution comes with a great variety of functions, on the other hand it is easy to install and to administrate.
This board offers you more than just a discussing platform - functions like a calendar, making appointments, surveys, detailed statistics, a linklist, private messages and searching.
- Due to modular construction easily to extend
- Produces valid XHTML 1.0 and CSS
- You can deactivate nearly every feature so that Boardsolution fits to the needs of very small and less demanding communities as well as to big communities.
- The complete board relies on templates so that one can easily change the layout
- It is possible to optimize the board for search-engines more
- The board uses a Captcha-image at every critical place to prevent bots filling in forms automaticly
- You can ban IP-addresses, usernames and email-addresses
- Optionally you can configure that every user can just make a appointed number of login-failures until he/she has to enter a security-code via a Captcha-image
- You can configure if and how the browser and ip-address will be checked
- The board can be completely locked for guests
- There is a help-module for the administrators which tries to answer the questions to the administration and adjustment of Boardsolution
- You can also give "not-administrators" access to appointed modules of the adminarea
- You can register new user
- It is possible to write an email to all members of appointed usergroups
- All templates can be edited
- There are 2 types of forums: Categories which can exclusivly contain forums and forums which can contain topics and forums
- The forums can be nested arbitrary
- You can create forums to which just selected members and/or usergroups have access
- It is possible to set which usergroups can perform which actions in a forum
- The sort of the forums can be adjusted
- You can add as many moderators as you like to each forum. The moderators have special rights in this forum.
· min. PHP 4.1
· min. MySQL 3
· GD-Lib optional