A full stack framework for developing Node.js applications
SocketStream was develop for new age web apps, the ones that rely on heavy client-server communications and the one-page design model.
- Automatic HTTP/HTTPS API. All server-side code is also accessible over a high-speed request-based API
- Effortless, scalable, pub/sub baked right in - including Private Channels. See examples below
- Integrated asset manager. Automatically packages and minifies all client-side assets
- Out-of-the-box HTTPS support with auto HTTP redirects. See HTTPS section below
- In-built User model with modular authentication. Automatically keeps track of users online (see below).
- Interactive console - just type 'socketstream console' and invoke any server-side or shared method from there
- 'API Trees' offer a simple, consistent way to namespace large code bases across the front and back end
- Uses Redis for fast session retrieval, pub/sub, list of users online, and any other data your app needs instantly
- Supports custom HTTP middleware/responders which execute first for maximum flexibility and speed
- Bundled with jQuery and jQuery templates. Works like partials in Rails.
- Easily add additional client libraries such as Underscore.js
- Initial layout HTML can be written in Jade or plain HTML
- Uses Stylus for CSS
- SocketStream apps can be generated with a command-line client
- True bi-directional communication using websockets (or flashsockets)
- Crazy fast! Starts up instantly. No HTTP handshaking/headers/routing to slow down every request
- Works great with Chrome and Safari. Firefox and IE support (using flashsockets) temperamental but improving thanks to Socket.IO
- Easily share code between the client and server. Ideal for business logic and model validation
- Works great on iPads and iPhones using Mobile Safari (iOS 4.2 and above), even over 3G
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in version 0.3.10
- Resolved an issue affecting the loading of the library.