Padrino was built on Sinatra and allows developers to build apps that Sinatra couldn't handle itself.
Here are some key features of "Padrino":
· Agnostic: Full support for many popular testing, templating, mocking, and database libraries.
· Generators: Create Padrino applications, models, controllers i.e: padrino g project.
· Mountable: Unlike other ruby frameworks, principally designed for mounting multiple apps.
· Routing: Full url named routes, named params, respond_to support, before/after filter support.
· Tag Helpers: View helpers such as: tag, content_tag, input_tag.
· Form Helpers: Builder support such as: form_tag, form_for, field_set_tag, text_field.
· Text Helpers: Useful formatting like: relative_time_ago, js_escape_html, sanitize_html.
· Mailer: Fast and simple delivery support for sending emails (akin to ActionMailer).
· Admin: Builtin Admin interface (like Django).
· Caching: Simple route and fragment caching to easily speed up your web requests.
· Logging: Provide a unified logger that can interact with your ORM or any library.
· Reloading: Automatically reloads server code during development.
· Localization: Full support of I18n
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Adds a catch all method to the Redis cache
· Added CLI shortcut with just ‘c’
· Adds Swedish localization support
· Adds Romanian localization support
· Make mysql2 alias of mysql when DataMapper is selected
· Added require ActiveSupport::TimeWithZone class for helpers
· HTML change boolean helper attributes to conform to xhtml strict
· Fix error_message_on for empty array
· Prevent JRuby reloading bug
· Fix admin generator to understand model_name