The Mocha testing toolkit has managed to gain quite a following thanks to its heavily Node.js integration, accurate reporting style, well-organized results page and support for mapping uncaught exceptions to the appropriate line in the test cases.
Utilizing such a tool is very recommended by industry experts, mainly because it allows programmers a means to find and prevent bugs from reaching production environments.
Mocha is inspired by other open-source projects like: QUnit, JSpec (not supported anymore), and Expresso.
- Cross-browser tested
- Cross-platform tested
- Support for running async tests
- Reports test coverage status
- Reports test times
- String diff support
- Run tests in the console or in the browser
- Maps exceptions to the correct test case
- Timeout support
- Growl and TextMate integration
- Highlights test problems
- File watcher support
- Can detect global variable leaks
- Can detect infinite loops
- CoffeeScript support
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in version 2.0.0
- Support for Node 0.6.x, 0.4.x