Works both with Node.js and browser applications.
Mocha tests run serially, allowing for flexible and accurate reporting, while mapping uncaught exceptions to the correct test cases.
It is inspired by other open-source projects like: QUnit, JSpec and Expresso.
Here are some key features of "Mocha":
· Browser support
· Simple async support
· Proper exit status for CI support etc
· Auto-detects and disables coloring for non-ttys
· Maps uncaught exceptions to the correct test case
· Async test timeout support
· Growl notification support
· Reports test durations
· Highlights slow tests
· Global variable leak detection
· Optionally run tests that match a regexp
· Auto-exit to prevent “hanging” with an active loop
· Easily meta-generate suites & test-cases
· mocha.opts file support
· mocha-debug(1) for node debugger support
· Detects multiple calls to done()
· Use any assertion library you want
· Extensible reporting, bundled with 9+ reporters
· Extensible test DSLs or “interfaces”
· Before, after, before each, after each hooks
· CoffeeScript support
· TextMate bundle
· Node.js 0.4 or higher
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Replaced --ignore-leaks with --check-leaks.
· Changed default of ignoreLeaks to true.
· Removed scrolling for HTML reporter.
· Fixed Retina support.