Merb is one of the most important Ruby frameworks around, being very well-known and constantly used due to its lightweight size but powerful core that allows it to be used in almost any production scenario.
For Ruby newcomers Merb might seem complicated, but extensive documentation will help them get a hold on its concept, principles and design architecture.
Here are some key features of "Merb":
· ORM agnostic
· Template language agnostic
· Testing framework-agnostic
· Thread-safe programming
· Extend via plugins
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Gracefully fail when RSpec is not installed but used.
· Because 1.1.x still use the Bundler we have to depend on it.
· Require independent versions of the merb-auth and merb_datamapper.