This script provides you the ASP source code for system that allows you to compare two directories (production and development site), see the differences between their contents, as well as actual differences inside files and deploy ready to move content to production site.
The product was developed because authors desperately needed a clean deployment solution for web applications.
While Microsoft ® Visual Studio products provide great environment for site development and Source Safe ™ integration, they don't do a great job at allowing developers deploy the projects into production web sites.
It is especially hard to deploy part of a site, while other parts are still in development state. Then one starts to copy file by file and would almost always forget an image or two or accidentally would overwrite a production file with a development file which wasn't actually ready for release yet.
That is where ZBit Deployment system comes in. It allows you see all the differences between your production and development environment at a glance and even go inside each specific file and see which lines of code where modified, deleted or added.
You then can select all the files that are ready for transfer to production and complete the operation with one mouse click.
- Compare complete directory structure between two environments.
- See the differences between and inside each file to decide whether it is ready for deployment.
- Fast comparison algorithm.
- Easy to integrate into other administration sites.
- Can be configured for unlimited number of sites.
- Commented source code.
- Delete, update and copy files and folders from the application.
- Secured environment to prevent unauthorized access.
- Plus version includes ZBit API component that makes this application more robust and can be used for many other projects.