Violet UML Editor 0.20.0
Violet UML Editor is a powerfull modeling software and easy to use.
- Very easy to learn and use.
- Draws nice-looking diagrams.
- Completely free.
Violet is intended for developers, students, teachers, and authors who need to produce simple UML diagrams quickly.
It draws nice-looking
- use case diagrams
- class diagrams
- object diagrams
- state diagrams
- activity diagrams
- sequence diagrams
Run Violet as you want it! Violet could be started as :
- a single application,
- an applet,
- via Java Web Start,
- an Eclipse plugin
- can open multiple documents
- supports direct links between diagrams
- nice drawing with automatic grid snap
- zoom in / zoom out
- undo / redo
- multiple diagram elements select and drag’n drop
- supports diagram tool change with mouse scroll button
- maximum drawing space by hiding tools bar
- xml file format
- copy diagram image to clipboard so you can paste it in your word processor
- export diagram image to file
- restores workspace on startup with opened documents
- translated into English and French
- (ONLY for Eclipse plugin) drag’n’drop existing class files or Violet files into your class or sequence diagram
- (ONLY for Eclipse plugin) compliant with local history so you can restore previous document releases
- (NOT FOR Eclipse plugin) provided with nice looking look and feel and compliant with other standard look and feels
Here are some of the features that industrial-strength UML programs have and that Violet does not have:
- code generation. Violet does not generate any source code from UML diagrams.
- reverse engineering. Violet does not generate UML diagrams from source code (Except for class diagrams with Eclipse)
- semantic checking of models. You can use Violet to draw contradictory diagrams
- XMI export or import. Violet does not generate files that can be imported into other UML tools, nor can it read model files from other tools