Modeled after unittest, tests written for unittest will run under testify with a minimum of adjustments.
Testify is a replacement for Python's unittest module and nose.
Here are some key features of "Testify":
· Class-level setup and teardown fixture methods which are run once each for an entire set of test methods.
· A decorator-based approach for fixture methods, eliminating the need for super() calls.
· More pythonic, less java
· Enhanced test discovery - testify can drill down into packages to find test cases (similiar to nose).
· Support for collecting and running tests by collecting modules, classes or methods into test suites.
· Pretty test runner output (color!)
· Support for splitting up tests into buckets to support multi-processing
· Extensible plugin system for adding additional functionality around reporting
· Comes complete with other handy testing utilities: Mocking (turtle), code coverage integration and profiling.