The framework is based on the best practices of web development around the Internet.
Symfony's goal is to speed up the creation, maintenance and deployment of live web applications.
Symfony is considered one of the best PHP frameworks out there alongside veterans like CakePHP or Zend.
Here are some key features of "Symfony":
· AJAX support
· Enterprise ready
· Web Debug Toolbar
· Dependency Injection
· Simple templating and helpers
· Cache management
· Smart URLs
· Multilingualism and I18N support
· Object model and MVC separation
· Symfony2 is only supported on PHP 5.3.2 or higher
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· A regression in the handling of console command exit code;
· A regression in the management of service aliases in the container;
· A typo in the Doctrine entity generator.