SproutCore aims making building web apps simple and fun.
SproutCore was written following the MVC architecture principles.
Even if it is a JS library, SproutCore has more in common with Cocoa or .NET than jQuery or MooTools.
Sproutcore 2.x has been discontinued, development continues as Ember.
Here are some key features of "SproutCore":
· MVC architecture
· Concentrates on speed
· HTML 5 ready
· Mobile friendly
· Easy to customize via themes
· Community developed
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Softens the build tools dependency requirements from being ultra-pessimistic (i.e. within a minor version) to being pessimistic (i.e. within a major version).
· Fixes 'repeat' slice for @2x version. It was incorrectly appending @2x to the end of the whole path (ex. /resources/images/image-sliced-from.png@2x instead of /email@example.com).
· Fixes incorrectly named "responder" generator to "state" generator for generating SC.State subclasses.
· Fixes the snake case generator for "sproutcore gen", so that names like 'SCProject' get properly transformed to 'sc_project' and not 's_c_project'.
· Added support for background-size property in Buildtools spriting, this is required for spriting to work properly in retina firefox.
· Fixes inconsistencies and improper syntax in several templates created with "sproutcore gen".
· Fixes missing stylesheet warnings on a clean app generated with "sproutcore gen app" or "sproutcore gen statechart_app" by adding a default stylesheet to the app. Also adds a default stylesheet to a design, when using "sproutcore gen design" (i.e. an SC.Page resource)
· Fixes improper binary search used by SC.ManyArray addInverseRecord that resulted in an infinite loop.
· Fixes bug that allowed the context menu to appear regardless of overriding contextMenu in a view or setting SC.CONTEXT_MENU_ENABLED or isContextMenuEnabled to false. This makes the context menu event handling behave the same as the key, mouse, etc. event handling.
· Fixes actions: deleteForward, deleteBackward, moveLeft, moveRight, selectAll, moveUp and moveDown to be always handled by the TextFieldView element when it has focus.
· Fixes SC.TextFieldView to insert a new line when the enter key is pressed on a text area.
· Fixes the hint value for SC.LabelView so that it will appear when the label has no value and isEditable is true. Includes unit test.
· No longer modifies the underlying items given to an SC.SegmentedView with an overflow menu directly so that we don't invariably dirty the original object.