SpringSource provides a complete suite of software products that accelerate the entire build, run, manage enterprise Java application lifecycle.
Spring versions 3.x run on Java 1.5, versions 2.5.x on Java 1.4 and versions 2.0.x on Java 1.3.
Here are some key features of "Spring Framework":
· Built on the MVC architecture pattern
· AOP functionality
· The most complete lightweight container
· Common abstraction layer for transaction management
· JDBC abstraction layer that offers a meaningful exception hierarchy
· Integration with Toplink, Hibernate, JDO, iBATIS SQL Maps and many more
· Support for mobile client platforms
· Supports many modern technologies like REST, HTML 5, conversations and AJAX
· Cloud infrastructure ready
· Many security features
· Java 1.3 or higher
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· JmsTemplate uses configured receiveTimeout if shorter than remaining transaction timeout.
· Added MappingJackson2MessageConverter for JMS.
· JDBC parameter binding uses JDBC 3.0 ParameterMetaData (if available) for type determination.
· JpaTransactionManager etc finds default EntityManagerFactory in parent context as well.
· MimeMessageHelper encodes attachment filename if not ASCII compliant.
· FreeMarkerConfigurationFactory properly supports TemplateLoaders when recreating Configurations.
· SpringContextResourceAdapter implements equals/hashCode according to the JCA 1.5 contract.
· ContextLoader properly detects pre-refreshed WebApplicationContext.
· Added support for placeholders in @RequestMapping annotation value.
· Added support for specifying a message code as @ResponseStatus reason.
· HttpEntityMethodProcessor supports HttpEntity/ResponseEntity subclasses as well.
· Tiles 3 TilesConfigurer properly works in combination with "completeAutoload".