It integrates BlazeDS, an open-source project from Adobe that provides the remoting and messaging foundation for connecting a Flex-based front-end to Java back-end services.
· Java 5 or higher
· Adobe BlazeDS 4 or higher
· Spring 3 or higher
· Spring Security 3.0 or higher (optional)
· Spring Integration 2.0 or higher (optional)
· Spring Roo 1.1 M1 or higher (optional)
· Hibernate 3.5 or higher (optional)
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Support for reading and writing AMF content with RESTful Spring MVC @Controllers. This serves as a nice alternative to the direct RPC approach of the Remoting Service, reducing duplication of effort in applications that need to support multiple client types. (See the updated Test Drive for usage examples.)
· A major refactoring of the Spring Security 3 support, resulting in easier integration of Flex apps with various Spring Security features such as Remember Me, Session Fixation Protection, and Concurrent Session Control.
· Further evolution of the Hibernate serialization support introduced in 1.5.0.M1, including the option to use direct field mapping instead of property-based mapping.
· Easier customization and namespace-supported configuration of framework-provided services such as the LoginCommand and MessageInterceptors.
· Upgraded compatibility with Spring Integration 2.0.x
· A complete revision of the Maven-based Test Drive samples, including an update across the board to use Flex 4, and a brand new sample to demonstrate the RESTful programming model.