XML graphs are also known as Summary Graphs.
Manipulated schemas must be written in Restricted RELAX NG, XML Schema, or DTD, and for abstract XPath evaluation on XML graphs.
XML graphs are derived from an XML tree but may contain loops and choices.
Also, element/attribute names, attribute values, and chardata are described by regular string languages. An XML graph represents a (typically infinite) set of XML trees.
The notion of XML graphs originates from program analysis of XML transformations (see for example the papers on Xact).
Restricted RELAX NG is a subset of RELAX NG that is sufficient for translations from XML Schema and allows efficient validation of XML graphs.
Here are some key features of "dk.brics.schematools":
· Validation of XML documents and XML graphs relative to schemas written in XML Schema, DTD, or Restricted RELAX NG
· Inclusion checking between schemas
· Conversion from XML Schema or DTD to Restricted RELAX NG or XML graphs
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Fixed bug in the XML Schema -> Restricted RELAX NG converter.
· Various improvements of dk.brics.xpath.evaluator.