It is optimized for running on smartphones.
Here are some key features of "libphonenumber":
· Phone numbers for 239 regions.
· Formatting/validating phone numbers for 236 regions of the world.
· Gets the type of the number based on the number itself.
· Able to distinguish Fixed-line, Mobile, Toll-free, Premium Rate, Shared Cost, VoIP and Personal Numbers (whenever feasible).
· Gets a confidence level on whether two numbers could be the same.
· Provides valid example numbers for 218 countries/regions, with the option of specifying which type of example phone number is needed.
· Quickly guessing whether a number is a possible phonenumber by using only the length information, much faster than a full validation.
· Formats phone numbers on-the-fly when users enter each digit.
· Finds numbers in text input
· Java 1.5 or higher
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Fix for as-you-type-formatting bug affecting countries with no national prefix formatting rule, such as China.