Building upon the interface and code of the jQuery UI and jQuery library projects, it offers an unified user interface system across all popular mobile device platforms.
jQuery Mobile has lightweight code and was built with progressive enhancement in mind.
It is also very flexible and easily themeable.
Here are some key features of "jQuery Mobile":
· Touch-optimized layouts
· UI widgets
· Cross-platform & cross-device tested
· Progressive enhancement
· Graceful degradation
· Small file size
· Symbian UIQ
· Symbian Platform
· BlackBerry OS
· Windows Mobile
· Windows Phone
· Palm WebOS
· Firebox Mobile
· UC Browser
· Chrome for Mobile
· Opera Mobile
· Nook Color
· Most desktop browsers
· Opera Mini
· Supports only jQuery core 1.7.x.
· If jQuery core 1.8+ is used with jQuery Mobile, iOS 3.x and BB5 are re-graded to C level support because core dropped support for methods these platforms need for full functionality.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Removed duplicated code in butonMarkup. Title is set twice for element when iconpos option is set.
· buttonMarkup: Do not allow a value of null to end up the value of an attribute, because it gets stringified as “null”.
· Removed border-radius inherit for ui-btn-text.
· addFirstLastClasses: Add it to widgets via $.extend, not $.widget because it does not use any widget factory features.
· Added reset handling via $.extend, not $.widget to avoid additional subclass depth.
· Fixed toolbar: changed hideDuringFocus logic to fix interaction with on-screen keyboard.