iText enables Java developers full control over the PDF documents they work with in their Java Web or desktop-based projects.
This library basically liberates programmers from using specific browser plugins or local software for manipulating PDF data, iText doing all the hard work via Java code alone.
This can be a great tool for talented developers which want to build PDF rendering and processing features right in their products.
iText is also available ina .NET version as iTextSharp.
Besides this open source version, a commercial version of this library is also available, mainly benefiting from extended support and liberation from the AGPL license compliance. This license has no fixed price and requires a quota inquiry.
- Java Development Kit (JDK) 1.5 or higher
- The BouncyCastle: bcprov, bcmail, and bctsp
- DocumentFont: Undo of wrong simplification introduced in iText 5.4.0
- io package: Handling small and zero-sized files.
- Reduced the memory use in the getContentBytesFromContentObject() method of ContentByteUtils.
- Improved fix by Bruno that closes RandomAccessSources when the construction of a PdfReader object fails
- Chunk: getContent() optimization (after the introduction of tabs)
- Optimization assigning the UUIDs to iText elements
- Improved fix by Kevin of fix by Bruno that closes RandomAccessSources when the construction of a PdfReader object fails
- TrueTypeFont: Glyphs hashSet should be copied when creating SubSet