It is the right service to use for any application that needs safe password storage.
Here are some key features of "Keyring":
Keyring services supported by the Python keyring lib:
· OSXKeychain: supports the Keychain service in Mac OS X.
· KDEKWallet: supports the KDE's Kwallet service.
· GnomeKeyring: for Gnome environment
· Python keyring lib also provides following build-in keyrings.
· Win32CryptoKeyring: for Windows 2k+.
· CryptedFileKeyring: a command line interface keyring base on PyCrypto.
· UncryptedFileKeyring: a keyring which leaves passwords directly in file.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Removed legacy file relocation support. `keyring` no longer supports loading configuration or file-based backends from ~.
· Removed CryptedFileKeyring migration support.
· File System backends now create files without group and world permissions.