A library for providing an easy way to access the system keyring service from Python
It is the right service to use for any application that needs safe password storage.
- Keyring services supported by the Python keyring lib:
- OSXKeychain: supports the Keychain service in Mac OS X.
- KDEKWallet: supports the KDE's Kwallet service.
- GnomeKeyring: for Gnome environment
- Python keyring lib also provides following build-in keyrings.
- Win32CryptoKeyring: for Windows 2k+.
- CryptedFileKeyring: a command line interface keyring base on PyCrypto.
- UncryptedFileKeyring: a keyring which leaves passwords directly in file.
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in This Release:
- Removed legacy file relocation support. `keyring` no longer supports loading configuration or file-based backends from ~.
- Removed CryptedFileKeyring migration support.
- File System backends now create files without group and world permissions.