JSON is a light-weight, language independent, data interchange format.
The library can also be used to convert back a JSON string into an equivalent Java object.
Gson can work with arbitrary Java objects including pre-existing objects that the developer does not have source-code of.
Here are some key features of "Gson":
- Provide simple toJson() and fromJson() methods to convert Java objects to JSON and vice-versa
- Allow pre-existing unmodifiable objects to be converted to and from JSON
- Extensive support of Java Generics
- Allow custom representations for objects
- Support arbitrarily complex objects (with deep inheritance hierarchies and extensive use of generic types)