Colander 0.9.9 / 1.0b1
A simple schema-based serialization and deserialization library
Data obtained via JSON, XML, an HTML form post or any other equally simple data serialization can be used with the library.
- Can be used for:
- Define a data schema
- Deserialize a data structure composed of strings, mappings, and lists into an arbitrary Python structure after validating the data structure against a data schema.
- Serialize an arbitrary Python structure to a data structure composed of strings, mappings, and lists.
- It can work with:
- A mapping object (e.g. dictionary)
- A variable-length sequence of objects (each object is of the same type).
- A fixed-length tuple of objects (each object is of a different type).
- A string or Unicode object.
- An integer.
- A float.
- A boolean.
- An importable Python object (to a dotted Python object path).
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in version 1.0a4
- Loosen Email validator regex (permit apostrophes, bang, etc in localpart).