Data obtained via JSON, XML, an HTML form post or any other equally simple data serialization can be used with the library.
Here are some key features of "Colander":
Can be used for:
· Define a data schema
· Deserialize a data structure composed of strings, mappings, and lists into an arbitrary Python structure after validating the data structure against a data schema.
· Serialize an arbitrary Python structure to a data structure composed of strings, mappings, and lists.
It can work with:
· A mapping object (e.g. dictionary)
· A variable-length sequence of objects (each object is of the same type).
· A fixed-length tuple of objects (each object is of a different type).
· A string or Unicode object.
· An integer.
· A float.
· A boolean.
· An importable Python object (to a dotted Python object path).
· Python 2.6 or higher
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Added colander.ContainsOnly and colander.url validators.