It's faster developing with OpenXava than with Ruby On Rails, Spring MVC, or any other MVC framework.
This is because in OpenXava you only have to write the Model. The Controllers are reused, and the View are generated automatically. We can say that OpenXava is a MC framework.
OpenXava is a JPA Application Engine.
This means the developer puts his own JPA classes and, in exchange, he will obtain a fully featured application ready for production, and without code generation.
Here are some key features of "OpenXava":
· Has been used during years to develop enterprise applications.
· High productivity for developing business applications.
· Short learning curve and easy to use.
· Flexible enough to create sophisticated applications.
· It's possible to insert your own functionality in every place.
· No code generation: touch your code try your application in a few seconds.
· Based in the concept of business component.
· Although the User Interface is automatically generated (on fly) a fine tunning front-end arrangement is allowed.
· Adapted to work with legacy database schemas.
· Supports any application server (Tomcat, JBoss, WebSphere, etc).
· Supports JSR-168: All OpenXava modules are standard portlets too.
· Persistence engine: EJB3 JPA, Hibernate or EJB2 CMP. You choose.
· It's tested with the portals: JetSpeed 2, WebSphere Portal, Liferay and Stringbeans.
· Easy integration of reports made with JasperReports.
· Exhaustive documentation in English and Spanish.
· All labels and messages are in English, Spanish, German, Polish, Indonesian, French and Catalan, with more coming.